The big field in our backyard is bursting with beauty and completely color drenched with blues, purples, yellows, whites and of course green! Bees of all kinds are zooming around, pollinating here, bumble-beein' there.
All these gorgeous life-attracting flower are considered (by many) as weeds.
weed/wēd/
| Noun: |
| |
Based on the above definition, I can call an overgrown rosebush a weed, if it's not wanted an in competition with my cared-floor flora. And based on the above definition, the backfield weeds get to stay and now have the elevated status of "Wildflowers" because,
1) They are wanted! They're fresh and pretty!
2) I wouldn't say they're necessarily in competition with cultivated plants. They're not in my garden, though I plan to keep them out. They're in my back-field. Doing their life-attracting thing.
We do plan to cut them down. Their height is getting a tad ridiculous. They can grow till they over grow. Then they'll get a haircut. But honestly, Seth and I like the wildflowers. So, in the mean time, I'll enjoy the beauty of the weed. :)
Update: Seth cut the wildflowers not even an hour after my posting this.
Now the whole yard smells like onions.
I love Virginia.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.