Here's an excerpt from an email I wrote my cousin about our Saturday morning. I decided it was blog worthy. Enjoy!
"Here's my Stupid Saturday story and it's only 8:37....
I wake up and immediately am struck with nausea. Bleh, I roll over and try to sleep it off since Seth is up with the boys. They're too loud to fall back asleep, so I just lay there and the nausea fades and settles into queasy, then finally makes it to unsettled. Unsettled I can do. Until Seth comes in the room with a pancake and I open my eyes to him sticking it under my nose. I sharply inform him of how I feel, the Unsettled jumps back to Queasy, and I roll back over and listen to the commotion again.
Jet is yelling and calling and hollering because his movie is nearly over and Seth doesn't know that you have to hover over the button for 5 minutes before the end of the movie to shut it off in an approved fashion before it hits the credits (he hates credits, he'll miss the last bit of the movie to keep the credits from rolling. Weirdo...).
So, Jet is carrying on, and Seth doesn't get what his point is so he's hollering back for Judah to "calm down" and "knock it off" and "yada yada". Then I hear Leviathan the Snarky one cough-cough-gag-spill-splat. Seth demands to know "What happened?" from the next room, despite Leviathan not be able to respond for language reasons. I could tell him though: Leviathan puked. But I don't, I lay there and realize I have to get over my queasy sensation to help Seth, who has now discovered the puke. I enter a scene with pale, pancake and snot puke all over the table, the chair, and the floor. Leviathan has miraculously managed to keep himself puke free, except for his pancake which he is wrestling towards his mouth as Seth attempts to snatch it away.
"You *can't eat it*, Leviathan! You can't!"
Then Seth, poor Seth, keeps taking breaks and holding his shirt over his face because of "the smell" (he mutters again and again). Me? I don't smell a puke smell (to my relief). I smell pancake. Just very strong pancake. So I tell Seth to go to work and I begin cleaning up pancake puke. Leviathan, meanwhile, has received a puke-free pancake and is cramming his mouth and running around the house. He's had diarrhea for a few days now because of his allergies/runny nose and I guess he just had too much snot in him to start the day with a load of pancake. I was apparently queasy because I was extremely thirsty. We both seem to be doing fine... Leviathan is hanging out on the bed next to me, being adorable and very squishy, and I'm thinking about eating pancakes. :) I think I need a bit more water first.
Okay, that got tangenty. The point is, our Saturday started very poorly. I guess it's all uphill from here. Unless I'm struck with Nausea again. Leviathan the Puker is bouncing on my bed and talking about cars and blue and byebye. :) "

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.